Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I only recently thought of starting a blog. I didn't even know I could until Thursday 18 December, when I saw the British blog awards in the Guardian online. To tell you the truth, that's the first time I knew what a blog was. I clicked on two, maybe three, of the winners, including this one, which got second place in the design category.

That evening I went to a party underneath a tiny Moroccan place in Camden Town. I was only there because I'm on an email list for Europeans stupid, open-minded or rich enough to go to Burning Man. Pretty much the first conversation I had was with this guy called Paul. I don't even know why I mentioned the blog awards ... maybe because he mentioned his new job as a creative with Saatchi. Anyway, it turns out he'd woken up that very morning to the news that he'd come second in the design category...

He said his hitcount went up that day, from the usual dozen or so to something more like 10,000. God knows if this will ever see the light of day, really. He also said I too could start a weblog.

The other reason I'm here is my friend, Dave Marr. He linked me to his online diary a few months back but I never really got reading until today. So, Dave, you pushed me over the edge. Because I found your diary an inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home