Monday, March 22, 2004

Thursday afternoon I left Yeshiva after lunch to start a volunteer project I'm continuing for my last couple weeks in Jerusalem. Twice a week I'm to visit a handicapped woman called Meira and type her emails as she dictates to me. Kerry came with me, befriended the woman's cat, reprogrammed her remote control and fetched cold drinks while I sat at the computer and saw tiny glimpses into this woman's life. For an hour and a half I forgot the buzz of my own affairs - the whole experience was extremely calming. I'm back there tomorrow, in the middle of a long long day. I'm also supposed to find someone to take over from me when I leave Jerusalem. Now Meira's met Kerry, who gets on so well with Meira's cat - it all looks to be working out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home